Daily WOD Blog at

Monday, September 21, 2009

Week of 9/21 Paleo Menu

This week we are trying a few more new recipes that I came across and changed up to be more Paleo. If you’re wondering how to go about doing that, I go through the many cookbooks that I have gotten throughout the years and just find recipes that look like they have ingredients that could easily be taken out and changed up to something more Paleo. For example one of my recipes calls for a half cup of salted chicken broth, I could try to find a salt and chemical free chicken broth or make my own. Some days I just don't want to spend half my day in the kitchen making chicken broth and then my main meal. So I just take it out or add an all natural fruit juice, like orange or apple juice. Ok, here's our menu for the week:

Monday - Grilled Fish (Halibut, Sea Bass, Salmon) with Blueberry Sage sauce
Tuesday - Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Apple-Thyme Sauce
Wednesday - Sirloin Hamburger Patties with Mushrooms
Thursday - From The Paleo Diet book by Loren Cordain Ph.d, Las Margaritas Stir Fried Ground Beef and Peppers
Friday - Spinach Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cranberry Sauce

And each day is served with a seasonal veggie like a squash or green beans.

If it's a new recipe, on the day that I cook it and if we like it I will post the recipe for everyone to try out. If you are interested in the recipe before I post it, let me know and I can get it to you. As we go on, I will talk more about Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks.

3 comments:

  1. I think this one turned out to be pretty good, a little dry but overall very tasty!! I have to make enough food for dinner, lunch and sometimes breakfast. So I end up doubling and tripling the recipe. Also, today Shane was doing his workout when I was trying to get dinner done, so I went ahead and baked this instead of grill.

    So, Baked Cod with Blueberry Sage Sauce

    2 to 2.5 Ibs. Fish, Frozen or Fresh, 1 inch thick
    1.5 Cups Flaxseed Flour
    1/4 cup snipped fresh Sage
    2 Garlic Cloves minced
    1 TB shredded orange peel
    1 TB black pepper
    2 TB orange juice
    1 TB Olive Oil

    Doubled Blueberry-Sage Sauce
    2 Cups Blueberries
    1 TB snipped sage
    1/2 tb black pepper
    2 TB orange juice

    1. In a medium sized bowl combine Flaxseed Flour, sage, garlic, orange peel, pepper, orange juice and olive oil. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
    2. In a small bowl mash 1.5 Cups of Blueberries with a fork. Stir in additional blueberries, orange juice, sage and black pepper.
    3. Coat large pan with olive oil. Coat each fish fillet with the Flaxseed mixture and place on pan.
    4. Pour a little of Blackberry-Sage Sauce over each fillet. Place in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the Pork Tenderloin was YUMMY!!! How to do it...

    1 Ib Pork Tenderloin
    1 cup chopped Spinach
    1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
    1 TB chopped Rosemary, fresh and dried
    Apple and Cranberry Juice
    Olive Oil

    1. Cut an opening in the tenderloin, but not all the way through or all the way to the ends

    2. Cook the spinach and artichoke hearts. Mix the spinach, artichoke hearts and rosemary together in a small bowl. Stuff the tenderloin with the mixture.

    3. Preheat the oven for 425.

    4. Drizzle Apple, Cranberry Juice and Olive Oil throughout the opening of the tenderloin. Drizzle to taste, if you enjoy sweets then use a lot of you want more of the spinach taste then use a little bit.

    5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. If its a little bigger then a pound, cook for 30ish minutes.

    Also our week got a little off track so we skipped the Stuffed Chicken and had a steak. We will have that next week.

    ReplyDelete