Daily WOD Blog at

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pre-Fight Gone Bad


From Left to Right after the WOD: James, Mark, My Son Davey & Me

Since I have the Fight Gone Bad Fundraiser this Saturday at Bayou City CrossFit I decided to do a practice run through at about 90% yesterday along with my daily WOD.  The past several days of hard work without much rest left me pretty sore and broken down, but we toughed through it.  We didn't count our reps, just went hard and enjoyed the pain.  Sometimes I find it refreshing to not keep score and just give it your best.

My buddy and fellow CrossFitter Mark Cournoyer and his friend James came over so we could enjoy this together.  James has a long history of rowing so we were able to benefit from his knowledge and critiques of our rowing technique.  James is a very knowledgable guy and I really appreciate his input and help.

This was James' introduction to CrossFit.  James is fit from rowing and from Krav Maga, but having the pleasure of introducing him to CrossFit is pure joy to me.  I love this stuff and being able to share it with others is awesome!  Thanks again to Mark and James for coming over and suffering with me!

After 4 straight days of tough WODs and doubling up on two of those days, I am looking forward to a rest day today.

On a related note, I am very honored to be a part of the FGB4 Fundraiser this weekend.  It has been a pleasure to prepare and raise money for such a worthy cause.  I hope my performance on Saturday is worthy of those I am fighting to help.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Thanks for the workout, James and I really enjoyed running through "fight gone bad". Best part of the evening for me was seeing little Davey doing his "snatch". I know that kid is not going to be playing video games and watching TV when he get older. He's definately going to be go getter. Thanks again.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete