Daily WOD Blog at

Monday, September 28, 2009

Fight Gone Bad 4!


Me, Vic Zachary & Mark Cournoyer at FGB4

Fight Gone Bad IV at Bayou City CrossFit was awesome. I didn't do as well as I hoped to, but I had a great time. Huge thanks to Vic at BCCF and the whole crew there and everyone that donated their time and effort. I ended up having to start on the rower which was not ideal, especially considering that wall ball is one of my weaknesses, it would have been nice to do it as rx'd and start at wall ball. Anyway, I came up with 277 reps, so not a good day, not a bad day, but a great workout and a great time for a great cause. Ended the day by heading to College Station with my wife Karen and Mark & Jeanna Cournoyer to hang out with my little brother Cruz (he is a sophomore at TAMU) and eat and drink things I shouldn't have. But hey, I feel like I earned it, I had been a good boy for over a month.  I need these types of breaks to keep my sanity.

I am back on strict Paleo now.  It is amazing the impact that one day of eating "regular" food and having a few drinks can have on you.  I still don't feel right and it has been almost two days.  The more I take these "breaks" though, the better decisions I seem to make during those breaks because I find that it usually is not worth it.  I find myself making conscious decisions to not eat or drink certain things because I just don't want them as I know what they will do to my body and my hormones.  I try to tell myself it is worth it so I can cut loose, but I don't know how convinced I am anymore.  There is just no substitute for a healthy Paleo diet that has you feeling great all the time.  But hey, I am human, and sometimes I have to cut loose even if I know I will regret it...the trick is to learn not to do it as often, and then when you do it, keep everything in perspective and in moderation.  Not only will you feel better, but you will feel better about yourself as well.

Time to saddle back up for the next run...stay tuned, my son's 1st birthday party is coming up this weekend, soon followed by a CrossFit competition and a much anticipated visit from my best friend Ben & his family where Ben and I will be heading to San Antonio for the CrossFit Olympic Lifting Certification!

No comments:

Post a Comment