Daily WOD Blog at

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving


Davey working on the rings.  By the way, his feet are not on the floor.

Lately, I have felt so blessed.  I guess it took some time and some maturing to realize just how great life is no matter how good or how bad it seems to be going at the time.

God has blessed me and my family so much, I am overwhelmed.  Let's all take this opportunity of Thanksgiving to remember how blessed we really are as we think about what is really important...Faith, Health, Happiness, Family, Friends, Thankfulness...  And remember to do what you can to be a blessing to others with your thoughts and actions so that they too can be reminded what this life is really all about.

I send my sincere thanks to everyone out there who has been a part of my life in anyway.  We are all on the path...enjoy it.

On another note...Karen PR'd on deadlift yesterday!  Pulled 225lbs and I can tell she has a lot more there as her confidence builds.  Great job Karen!

Tell me...what are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. Good words... We are also thankful for so much but one of the top is to have friends like you and Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro, you know we feel the same about ya'll. We need to get out to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon here - Happy Thanksgiving.

    Thankful for bumper plates. My buddy just gave me a set of 45# bumpers in great shape. Will definitely limit the number of craters in the yard. That gives me 405# total at the house - may take another 24 months but hope to pull that some day....

    BTW - 225# d/l is no joke, kudos. New set up looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff Jon. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

    I too hope to pull 400# in the deadlift sometime relatively soon. I finally picked up some cheap iron plates this past weekend so that I can load my bar beyond 375#, which is just about the max possible with my hi-temps without taping a plate on.

    Once I finish getting set-up and get a little more functional in this space you will have to make the drive out to Porter to grab a WOD. Take care man, see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely have to get up to Porter one of these days.

    The deadlift for me is a major weakness, and it will probably take more like 3-4 years to get to where I want to be considering how weak I still am with this lift, but feel it is a "gateway" exercise for me that can hopefully lay the foundation for improved performance in CF. Has really helped with heavy cleans.

    Regarding the bench press, if there is anything I was relatively good at back in the day it would have been the bench, 370# 1RM in college, but as you observed that strength has completely eroded with CF. I am sure 300# would hairlip me. Will continue to focus on CF programming, but definitely feel like there is room to incorporate some more horizontal pushing.

    Not worthy of review, but fyi tracking my WODS via this blog - http://cfvisionquest.blogspot.com/. Since starting the blog have gone to a strength bias program - focusing on deadlift, squat clean, press, back squat. Mix in 10-15 minute metcons 2-4 days per week. Definitely getting stronger, definitely losing my wind. Plan is to keep with this approach for next several months and then go back to main site type programming in preparation for some still undetermined competition.

    Alright - TMI - take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen, it's Marnie from Crossfit Champions! Found your website while on CFC website, thought I would ck it out. Awesome deadlift!!! I am very impressed. Your baby is adorable on those rings~ too cute!
    Looking through your website, I found myself to be very inspired, thanks! Good luck at the sectionals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marnie! Thanks so much! Keep dropping in on the site please! More info and announcements to come soon.

    ReplyDelete